Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Generosity

I am so proud of my daughter Marianne!  She keeps suprising me everyday.  I knew that she was caring, and has a big heart but when she asked me is she could help her friend Catherine with her penny drive I was just bursting with pride.  Here's a little backstory : Catherine is 6 1/2 years old  She lives on our street and is one of Marianne's best friends.  She was born premature and was a patient at the local neonatal intensive care unit for the first 3 months of her life.  This year's hospital fund raiser is focused on buying new equipment for the NNICU.  Catherine decided that she wanted to help the babies that needed help like she did when she was born by doing a penny drive.  Today Marianne made these collection banks featuring a picture of Catherine as a baby at the NNICU, one to stay at home and one for her dad to put on his desk at work.  Her goal is to raise at least 5 cents for each of the 570 babies that was admitted in the NNICU last year.  So if you have pennies to spare and would like to help Marianne collect 2850 cents, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment