Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mid-August already!

We are almost at the mid August mark!  The summer has gone by so quickly.  Another eventfull weekend has passed.  My sister in law and her family came by for a sleepover.  We went to the Dieppe market and ate some fruit crepes and other delicious pastries. Mmmh! We made the most delicious drunken chicken on the BBQ!  We had a great time! 
On the scrapbooking front, I ran out of pictures so I was not able to complete all the layouts that I had wanted to complete in July, but they will be done eventually, now that I know how easy they are to complete.  I have been focusing on organising my scrapbooks and preparing for my workshops and gatherings.  I like that I'm getting into the routine of things again.  Now I have to find time to go shopping for school supplies. 

I got to work with the August-September special (August 15 - September 30)- Triple Play.  It was so fun!  You get so much for $34.95 (a stamp set, 4 mini stamp pads, 3 albums (one pink, one blue and one green), die cuts, ribbon and insctructions!)  Plus you can get it at a discount or even free!  message me of visit my website to order.  Here is the finished product -

I have talked about the canvas I made to put on my walls at last night's gathering.  Here they  I just used painter's canvas as the base and worked them like I would a scrapbook page.  I just loved doing them



 for this one I painted the canvas using peal paint and twilight reinker.  The picture really does not do it justice.  I then made paper roses in veranda, passage, more to adore and cherry oh papers.


I used veranda paper and the same paper roses on this card that I made for swaps at the Washington CTMH convention last month. 

I made the following cards for a gathering I did yesterday do show different techniques. 

This one using Cabbodle paper, to show watercolour pencils, the stapler and simple tag making and distressing

This one using Veranda - showing the felts, dimentional elements and rub-ons.

This one using Cherry-Oh paper, using the glitz, soft set eyelets, and corner rounder for corners and scallop edging. 

And finally, here is my workshop scrapbooking project for August using Zippedee paper. 


Well, hope you enjoyed my little recap of the week.  I hope you enjoyed it.  Don't hesitate to leave a comment.  I want to know what you liked, what you think I should write about, what you would like to see.  I'm open to any suggestions you may have.  Even if it's just to say "hi!". 


No comments:

Post a Comment