Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crop and Create challenges

I have a few more layouts to share with you, both inspired by Crop and Create challenges that were presented to us.  I love scrapbooking challenges.  They always inspire me and give me a starting point to create my project. 

The first challenge was to create something interactive.  I was amazed at the entries for this challenge.  They were all so different and some were so creative.  I had the perfect pictures to create my interactive layout.
I'm always amazed at how my girls are so very different from each other.  It became even more apparent at our dinner at Cinderella's castle.  One came in with her Princess Merida dress complete with tiara, the other in shorts, t-shirt and hoody getting the nickname 'princess Casual' from our waiter.  One ordered chicken and rice, the other one steak and fries.  The funniest example was one their 'decorate your own' ice cream were presented, one just dumped all the fudge, sprinkles, candies on top, while the other one carefully placed the decorations one by one.  I just had to take a picture!  Here is the finished product using some Crate Paper and sliding journaling tags. 

One other challenge was called 'Something old, new, borrowed and cool'.  We were also presented with a sketch to inspire up.  For my new, I used some my newly purchased Simple Stories 24\7 collection.  For my old, I used a buckle, and metal flower and a tab I had in the bottom of my embellishment box.  For the borrowed, I used some of Cecile Lavoie's ribbon.  She had losts to chose from :).  And finally for cool- I ruffled my ribbon under the title with glue dots, I framed the picture block with twine and added lots of pictures of us posing in front of the Art of Animation statues.  another layout to add to my Disney album.

I actually won a prize for this last layout!

I would like to thank again Crop and Create and Scrapbook and Cards Today for coming to Moncton and putting together such a wonderful event.  Can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment